- Neshama Carlebach
- Neshama Carlebach, the eldest daughter and protégé of Rabbi Shlomo Carelebach is continuing in the tradition of her father and bringing her own special Jewish spirit and soul to her father's music that she loves and performs so well.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 349 Rating: 7.71 Votes: 7) Rate It
- Yiddish songs meet Gypsy Jazz. Led by charismatic Yiddish song maven Niki Jacobs, this brilliant acoustic quartet has riveted audiences in Europe and the US with its originality and driving Eastern European rhythm. Nikitov has found new avenues for improvising on old world melodies featuring violin, guitar and double bass. An intercontinental band with members from Holland and America and a rising star on the World Music scene.
(Added: 6-May-2006 Hits: 44 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Nomi Teplow, Outstanding Israeli vocalist
- Israeli singer Nomi Teplow brings a fresh, exciting new sound to Jewish music. Gifted with a voice of rare beauty and versatility, Nomi blends spiritual lyrics and prayers with diverse sounds including soul, funk, pop/rock and classical. A dynamic performer, Nomi has been called "inspirational", "captivating", "bubbling", "extraordinary".
Visit Nomi and view photos and performance clip, hear samples from her CDs and read all about her.
(Added: 21-Jul-2004 Hits: 99 Rating: 8.00 Votes: 9) Rate It
- Nusach Maven Radio
- NUSACH! The original Jewish soul music! Jewish music. Israeli, Hebrew, Yiddish, and of course....Chazzanut. Four channels of radio music via the Internet.
(Added: 15-Mar-2001 Hits: 422 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Oded Ben-Ami -- Composer
- Recent compositions for Oseh Shalom, Lecha Dodi and much more. Find sheet music and listen to mp3 sound files.
(Added: 29-Apr-2005 Hits: 105 Rating: 5.50 Votes: 4) Rate It
- Ot Azoj - Klezmerband
- For over ten years Ot Azoj has been playing their own style of Klezmer. Since the formation of the band they have been a welcome guest at festivities and parties. Organisers of festivals also want to see Ot Azoj in their programming.
Ot Azoj also plays a musical theatre production, called Zets!, with the singer Natalia Rogalski.
(Added: 10-Sep-2005 Hits: 65 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 4) Rate It
- Passages of Joy Katzen-Guthrie
- Performing throughout the Southeast and nationally for 18 years with 7 recordings of original and traditional music, Joy Katzen-Guthrie's live performances and recordings
combine the various facets of her work as soloist and bandleader, guest lecturer and teacher, Cantorial Soloist for Florida synagogues, and contemporary folk, pop, and
spiritual songwriter. Joy's music celebrates life ... connecting, revitalizing, and enriching us with a message of worldwide unity and harmony from generation to generation. Her concerts include liturgical music of the Jewish Kabbalists, Israeli and Yiddish folk tunes, musical stage and film works, and original songs, all of which she uniquely weaves together with history, storytelling, and song.
(Added: 20-Mar-2001 Hits: 177 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- If you like Israeli music, but find yourself 5000 miles away from the nearest Kol Yisrael radio station, RadioHazak is for you. We'll help you learn what's new, what's hot, and what's classic in Israeli music. And if you live in Israel, don't go away. RadioHazak will let you discuss your favorite music with an audience from around the world.
(Added: 18-Mar-2001 Hits: 359 Rating: 7.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Reva Lesheva
- Reva Lesheva, where Israel Rocks! Reva L'Sheva is New Music fusing soulful roots with acoustic/electric rock. Weaving spiritual lyrics with Latin, African & Middle Eastern grooves, and binding them with love and understanding, reaching those who lend an ear.
(Added: 4-Jun-2001 Hits: 381 Rating: 6.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Ron Wiseman and Kedusha
- The King of Jewish Reggae
Great dance band for concerts, and simchas - watch for a new documentary movie coming out on Ron and his music in 2006
(Added: 19-Jun-2005 Hits: 47 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Searching For My Voice - Allan Soberman
- Searching for My Voice, Allan Soberman's new CD, is one
self contained musician's quest to make contemporary meaning of the music he
learned as a boy from his father Cantor Morris Soberman by layering familiar
traditional Shabbat and Holiday tunes with combined overlays of vocal Doo Wop
and M'shor'rim (traditional Jewish male chorus) textures. Add to this the
talents of a one man rock band and the urgency of one Jewish man reconciling
his present with his past and you have insistent music from a passionate,
(Added: 7-Nov-2002 Hits: 79 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Segol Ensemble
- We create Life Cycle Ceremonies my music according to your own taste, spiritualy and harmony. Site in Hebrew only.
(Added: 9-Mar-2004 Hits: 39 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Hezkia Eliezer Arochas, of blessed memory, better known as Kiki, was born in Cairo, Egypt on December 20, 1924, the second of six boys. His father, Eliezer Hezkia Arochas was from Izmir, Turkey; and his mother, Esther Cohen, was a sabra from Yerushalayim.
hazanut held a very special place in his heart. He enjoyed praying more than any other type of singing — and he was appreciated. The congregation would sit in awe at the beauty and clarity of his prayers. He composed a unique liturgy, intermingling Ladino and Arabic tunes. Grown men, touched by his Tehillim recitals, were moved to tears while listening to his voice.
(Added: 13-May-2006 Hits: 26 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Shalom Orchestra
- Music for all occasions. Located in the New York City (NYC) metro area. 1 (800) 34-SHALOM
(Added: 26-Dec-2002 Hits: 277 Rating: 5.50 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Shalom USA Jewish Talk Radio
- Guests interviewed on SHALOM USA come from a wide variety of religious affiliations and political backgrounds, which mirrors the diversity of the Jewish community. SHALOM USA hosts rabbis, educators, university professors, authors, musicians, journalists, politicians, political commentators, community activists, sociologists and historians. These guests appear live on SHALOM USA from throughout the country and from locations around the world, including Israel, England, Russia and Canada.
(Added: 13-Jan-2006 Hits: 45 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Sheet Music; Original Compositions and arrangements by Jewish Composer-Violinist, former concertmaster of Charleston, New Orleans, Grand Rapids, and Omaha Symphony Orchestras, and guest leader of the London Symphony Orchestra, Harris Shilakowsky
a few fun songs from the Jewish Festival of Lights, the celebration of a Miracle, arranged for violin and piano
Klezmer and Popular Jewish Music Arranged for String Quartet.
1. Hevenu Shalom Aleichem
2. Mein Yiddishe Meidele
4. Hot a Yiddele Weibele
5. A Bissele Liebe und a Bissele Gluck
6. Chosen Kallah
7. Hava Nagilah
8. Erev Shel Shoshanim
9. Dodi Li
10. Siman Tov
(Added: 5-Oct-2004 Hits: 140 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Shir Elan
- Shir Elan plays Israeli and Klezmer music for Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, weddings, and performs childrens programs. Shir Elan is an acoustic duo based in Hudson, MA.
(Added: 30-Mar-2005 Hits: 51 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Shirael Music Children's Torah CD
- A magical musical journey through the Torah for the young and the young at heart. Tired of the same old tunes and songs ? All new original music and lyrics. Torah Pops-Bereishit tells whole book of Genesis. More to follow
(Added: 5-Jan-2002 Hits: 90 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Shiru Shir: The Jewish Community Choir of Brooklyn
- We are a mixed chorus, directed by Gregory Kushner, and sing a wide, interesting repertoire, including Israeli, liturgical, renaissance, Americana, and PDQ Bach. We meet on Tuesday nights at Yeshiva of Flatbush. New members are welcome. Sight-singing is helpful but not required.
(Added: 5-Feb-2004 Hits: 98 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Shlomo Katz
- Shlomo Katz - "A Shining Star" just released his 3rd CD entitled Vehakohanim. His performances lift the crowd to new heights, leaving one moved, inspired, transformed and hungry for more. There is no higher praise.
(Added: 18-Jun-2006 Hits: 35 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It