- Eretz Hemdah
- Eretz Hemdah was established about seventeen years ago to prepare judges and spiritual leaders for the national-religious community in Israel and abroad. There was a need for leaders who combined great Torah expertise together with a strong Zionistic background, a combination which was not easily found in the country at that time. Rabbi Shaul Israeli zt”l, a great Torah personality, rose to meet this challenge by establishing the Eretz Hemdah Institute. The Institute continues to follow his teachings, which are similar in thought and philosophy to those of the late Rabbi A.I. Kook. Acceptance to the Eretz Hemdah’s rigorous program is restricted to those of a high level of scholarship and who have also completed their military service.
(Added: 25-Jan-2006 Hits: 60 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Ezras Torah
- Ezras Torah, established in 1915 by Gedolei Torah, is a nonprofit Jewish relief organization that specializes in supplying funds to needy Torah families primarily in Israel.
(Added: 25-Jan-2006 Hits: 69 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Friends of the Israel Defense Forces
- In 1942 David Ben-Gurion established the Committee for the Welfare of Soldiers, whose first order of business was rounding up donations of blankets for the young Jewish men and women of the Yishuv's fledging Jewish Brigade. Now named the Association for the Wellbeing of Israel's Soldiers (AWIS), this independent, non-profit organization has come a long way and has made major contributions to the State of Israel. Neither the government, the Israel Defense Forces, nor any other body subsidizes the Association. The Friends of the Israel Defense Forces (FIDF) is the American partner of the AWIS. FIDF helps support social, educational and recreational programs and facilities for the young men and women soldiers of Israel who defend the Jewish homeland. We also provide these services to the widows and children of soldiers who have fallen in defense of Israel . FIDF is a tax-deductible organization by US law.
(Added: 23-Jan-2006 Hits: 145 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Friends of Yemin Orde
- Friends of Yemin Orde supports the programs and activities of Yemin Orde Youth Village in ISrael, which is home to more than 500 refugee, displaced and disadvantaged youth from twenty-two countries around the world.
(Added: 13-Jan-2004 Hits: 150 Rating: 9.67 Votes: 3) Rate It
- Gevil Institute of Jerusalem: Sefer Torah (Stam) Home Page
- Preservers and suppliers of the gevil (gewil) sefer Torah (Scroll), qlaf Tefilin, Meghilot, Mezuzot, Ketubot & blank gevil. Everything is made and processed in exact compliance with Talmud Bavli, Geonim and the Rishonim.
(Added: 1-Aug-2005 Hits: 67 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Giving Wisely
- Giving Wisely The Internet Directory of
Israeli Nonprofit and Philanthropic Organizations. A project of the M.A. Program in Management of Community and Nonprofit Organizations and Public Policy at the Paul Baerwald School of Social Work of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel.
(Added: 23-Jan-2006 Hits: 98 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Hadassah Medical Organization
- The name Hadassah is synonymous with initiative and innovation, education and excellence, caring and commitment. A world-class university medical institution, Hadassah has achieved a global reputation for excellence in caring and curing. It is distinguished by its innovative approach to complex medical problems and the cooperative efforts of its medical and research teams to provide individualized attention to individual problems.
(Added: 27-Jan-2006 Hits: 65 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Hatzerim Dance Studio
- Gastana Danco, A Proffessional Junior Contemporary dance company, founded the south of Israel in 1998, belonging to hatzerim Dance Studio, founded in 1981.
(Added: 23-Feb-2005 Hits: 67 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- IAC - Israel Action Center
- IAC is an NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) comprised of people who believe in advancing democracy, pluralism and mutual understanding in the Middle East. What brings us together is our mutual concern about the distorted image of Israel often portrayed in the international media and expressed in some political circles.
(Added: 11-Sep-2003 Hits: 203 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Information Regarding Israel's Security
- Information Regarding Israel's Security (IRIS) is an independent organization dedicated to informing the public about the security needs of the State of Israel, especially vis-a-vis the current peace process.
One of IRIS's services is a popular electronic mailing list. The list, free of charge, distributes regular news updates about Israel with a right-of-center slant (on the Israeli political spectrum). We try to focus on items not likely to be carried by your local newspaper.
(Added: 14-Feb-2006 Hits: 43 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Institute for Jewish Policy Research
- The Institute for Jewish Policy Research (JPR) informs and influences policy, opinion and decision-making on social, political and cultural issues affecting Jewish life. Located in the UK.
(Added: 10-May-2006 Hits: 43 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Interfaith Work
- The IEA is dedicatetd to interfaith dialogie and cross-cultural education. Based in Jerusalem and New York, our goal is to facilitate coexistence between people of various faiths, and facilitate cultural understanding of 'the other.'
(Added: 13-Sep-2002 Hits: 176 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- International Coalition for Missing Israeli Soldiers
- The International Coalition for Missing Israeli Soldiers (ICMIS) has worked tirelessly both in Israel and abroad, on behalf of the MIAs and their families. The Coalition is a non-profit and non-partisan body, dedicated to keeping this humanitarian cause on the international agenda. Gallup polls have demonstrated that ICMIS represents the broadest consensus in Israeli society in demanding that the MIA issue be resolved first in any peace negotiations with Israel's Arab neighbors. Over the last seven years Israel has released thousands of Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails -- the time has now come for all of Israel's captive sons to return home.
(Added: 27-Jan-2006 Hits: 46 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- ISEF - Building a Better Israel, One Mind at a Time
- Brainpower is Israel's major natural resource! ISEF promotes access to higher education for Israel's marginalized populations, supporting more than 700 disadvantaged students each year from B.A. to Ph.D. and postdoc. ISEF scholars benefit from on-campus support services and learn to be leaders in ISEF-sponsored education projects that impact over 3,000 younger pupils a year in underserved areas. ISEF graduates hold key positions in Israel's economy and prove that ISEF's programs work, catapulting thousands out of poverty into productive lives.
(Added: 8-Jul-2006 Hits: 42 Rating: 8.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Israel Aliyah Center
- If you are thinking about making Aliyah to Israel, The Israel Aliyah Center will help you start from the right place. Aliyah in Hebrew means: Ascent, progress advance and immigration to Israel as a symbol of taking one's Jewish life to higher level. If you are amongst those wishing to share the Israeli experience and fulfill the Zionist dream... If you would like to incorporate Israel in to your Jewish identify, ensuring that your children grow up in a Jewish environment and give meaning to your life... If you want to take part in the achievement of Israeli science and culture... The Israel Aliyah Center is the professional service, which assists North American Jews who consider making Aliyah to Israel. The first step in making Aliyah is getting together as much information as one can about life in Israel. The Israel Aliyah Center is the most reliable and updated source of information regarding making Aliyah from North America to Israel.
(Added: 18-Jan-2006 Hits: 105 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Israel Cancer Association
- The Israel Cancer Association. Lending a Hand to life Against the Disease and for the Patient. Forging Ahead in the Fight Against Cancer. A global concern. The fight against cancer is a matter of global concern. Each advance in knowledge, like a piece in a vast puzzle, brings us one step closer to completing the picture. Recognized as a formidable source of scientific innovation, Israel is an important contributor in this worldwide endeavor.
(Added: 22-Jan-2006 Hits: 71 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Israel Children's Cancer Foundation
- The only organization that provides quality cancer care in a hospital environment. Funding: Hadassah;Rambam;Schneider;Sheba and Soroka - its these five hospitals that treat over 90% of Israeli children with cancer.
(Added: 10-Jan-2006 Hits: 76 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Israel Interfaith Association
- The Israel Interfaith Association is an independent organization that has been working since its inception in the year 1959 throughout the country to promote understanding and mutual respect between all the sects, religions, and ethnic groups within Israel. It aims are the uprooting of antiquated notions and the elimination of suspicions in order to pave the way for trust and mutual outreach. It also stands at the forefront defending attacks on human rights based on individuals' religious or ethnic identities, beliefs or lifestyles. The members of the association see ideals of promoting an atmosphere of tolerance and brotherhood between the religions and cults as a super-political and super-party interest, above and beyond divisions and opposition among individuals and groups. They see activity in this area as a practical way to actualize the principles of equality between civilians, freedom of religion and consciousness as promised in the Declaration of Independence, and moral-humanistic ideas found in the different religions, as well as a way in which the various religions can contribute to the formation of a true peace -- peace between human beings.
(Added: 23-Jan-2006 Hits: 67 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It