- Lema'an Achai
- A neighborhood social service center with an experienced professional staff which works hand-in-hand with over 400 qualified and responsible professional volunteers -- doing what they do best, for chessed. Our volunteers include professional social workers, attorneys, mental health practitioners, nurses, certified public accountants, physicians and dentists, building tradesmen, mechanics and drivers who represent a diverse spectrum of the Ramat Beit Shemesh community. Founded in the year 2000, by a group of local residents, Lema'an Achai is rooted in Judaism’s communal responsibility towards charity and chessed. Neighborhood residents care about the needs of their neighbors and translate this caring into concrete actions. Located in Ramat Beth Shemesh, Israel.
(Added: 20-Feb-2006 Hits: 57 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Leo Baeck Education Center
- Founded in 1938 as a small kindergarten class for German Jewish children, the Leo Baeck Education Center is one of Israel’s premier institutions of progressive Jewish education touching the lives of tens of thousands of residents in Haifa and greater Israel. Rooted in the Jewish tradition of social action, Leo Baeck offers a unique blend of formal education and community outreach. The Leo Baeck Education Center, the largest campus in Haifa after Haifa University and the Technion, is a multi-use facility comprised of: A Nursery School and Kindergarten, A Junior and Senior High School, A Community Outreach Center with satellite facilities throughout Haifa including the Clore Neighbourhood Centre and Mercaz Ruth, The Allan Offman Sports Center of UIA Federations Canada, The Lokey International Academy of Jewish Studies, Ohel Avraham Progressive Synagogue, The Hugo Gryn Outdoor Synagogue and Gardens.
(Added: 23-Jan-2006 Hits: 71 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Likud (American Friends of Likud)(Zionist Coalition)
- American Friends of Likud is part of a global federation of center-right Zionist movements known as Likud Olami – the World Movement of Liberal and National Zionists.
While Likud in the USA maintains close links to Israel’s Likud party, we remain an independent democratic movement that takes an active role in the World Zionist Organization, the Jewish Agency for Israel, and other world movements.
Likud is incorporated as a not-for-profit organization in the USA and is governed by a National Board of Directors, National Board of Governors, and a General Meeting of Members.
(Added: 29-Jan-2002 Hits: 187 Rating: 7.50 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Machanaim began behind the iron curtain in '79, in Moscow, as a group of young people who gathered around D. Ze'ev Dashevsky to study Jewish history and tradition and pass on this knowledge to their fellow Jews. Over time, this small group developed into an organized center for studying Torah, philosophy, and Jewish law. In time, this center began to attract visits and support from well-known rabbis from the U.S., Europe, and Israel. Each young person from the initial group went on to teach his own group of beginning students, and in time these students themselves went on to teach their own groups.
(Added: 24-Jan-2006 Hits: 40 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Magen David Adom
- Emergency medical assistance for Israel. When trouble strikes -- bombings, shootings, etc. -- Magen David Adom's ambulances are always on the scene.
(Added: 8-May-2001 Hits: 216 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Manhigut Yehudit -- The Jewish Leadership Movement
- Sponsored by the Manhigut Yehudit faction of the Likud, advocating authentic Jewish leadership for Israel and the Jewish People. Updates, opinions and proposals for creating a genuinely Jewish state in Israel.
(Added: 4-May-2005 Hits: 45 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Mazel Bear
- MazelBear.com is our labor of love for teddy bears and smiles. What could be better than going to work everyday with cute, cuddly teddy bears? Our goal is to help you bring out smiles on the faces of your friends and family.
Our specialty is personalized teddy bears and baby gifts. We provide only the best, high quality brands. We realize that you can find teddy bears just about everywhere…but at MazelBear, you get them personalized with great graphics and any information or pictures you'd like to include. We include FREE gift wrapping, too, to make sure that our bears and gifts arrive looking their best!
(Added: 17-Jan-2006 Hits: 69 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Megavolt Electrical Services
- An electrical website which will answer most of your questions about electrical issues in Israel. This site will help both olim and "vatikim" alike, including troubleshooting tips, FAQs, general information, interesting articles, a glossary of terms, and much more. The (Electrical) Aliyah FAQ should be of special interest to all olim, answering questions having to do with 110V vs 220V. Additional sections and articles will be added on an ongoing basis. By adding your name and email address to the mailing list, you can stay informed of any additions to the site. There is a feedback form for comments or questions not answered on the site.
(Added: 11-Mar-2005 Hits: 48 Rating: 6.82 Votes: 17) Rate It
- Meoros HaDaf HaYomi
- The Meoros HaDaf HaYomi organization was founded about four years ago, in 5759, by Rav Chayim David Kovalski and with the Fund of Bracha and Moti Zisser. The organization’s central idea is to endear Gemara study among all sectors of the public, young and old, through the daily study of Shas according to the Daf HaYomi worldwide.
(Added: 25-Jan-2006 Hits: 59 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Mercaz Harmony
- Mercaz Harmony was founded in 1986 by Joan Shrensky. At the request of parents of children with special needs, this integrated Gan was started on a shoestring budget. Coming from her position as Special Needs Coordinator for Tri-State Regional Head Start Program in North East United States Joan parlayed Mercaz Harmony's integration program into a success story. Utilizing state-of-the-art methodologies in special education and inclusion the team at Mercaz Harmony excelled and forged ahead creating a wonderful model school. The Center has grown from the original single class consisting of 13 children to a present day waiting list of 30 children. Municipalities across Israel, professionals and parents of special children from around the world turn to Mercaz Harmony on a constant basis in search of guidance in their challenge to help children with special needs to succeed.
(Added: 27-Jan-2006 Hits: 73 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Mid East Education Team/M.E.E.T.
- M.E.E.T. was created as a response to the damaging effects of incomplete and unbalanced news reporting on the ongoing Arab-Israeli war. M.E.E.T. aims to counter the fallout of this disturbing trend. M.E.E.T. offers the chance to see thought provoking images and hear ideas not usually manifest in the mainstream media. M.E.E.T. invites everyone with an interest in these events so crucial to regional and world peace to join our search for the facts behind the issues.
Mid East Education Team reaches both college students and adults in the Jewish and non-Jewish communities with multimedia presentations, workshops, in depth e letters, and forums.
(Added: 11-Jun-2003 Hits: 116 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Mid East Web Directory
- MidEast Web was started by people active in Middle East dialog and peace education efforts. Our goal is to weave a world-wide web of Arabs, Jews and others who want to build a new Middle East based on coexistence and neighborly relations. Our members and staff include distinguished educators, engineers, Web designers and other professionals experienced in dialog, peace education projects and in promoting dialog and coexistence using the Internet.
(Added: 14-Feb-2006 Hits: 29 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Neve Michael Children's Village
- Neve Michael is a children's home for children from all over Israel. They provide for the physical and emotional needs of over 300 children who don't have a safe home or perhaps have no home at all to return to. With a cutback in government funding, Neve Michael is more dependent than ever on the generosity of sponsors and contributors. Sponsors are encouraged to write to and exchange pictures with their children and to visit when they are in Israel.
(Added: 15-Jun-2004 Hits: 193 Rating: 9.50 Votes: 6) Rate It
- Neve Michael Children's Village
- Neve Michael is a safe haven for children at risk in Israel whose biological parents can no longer care for them. We provide sustenance, education, and a warm and caring environment to over 250 needy children from the ages of 4 to 18. Neve Michael, located in Pardes Hanna, Israel serves children from all over Israel who were brought to our doorstep at Neve Michael at a tender age and under traumatic circumstances.
(Added: 23-Jan-2006 Hits: 54 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Non-profit organization
- House of study and synagogue "Gate of Life" is dedicated to ha rabbi Yosef haim. This house of study and synagogue was established in a very small town Of Kiriyat Mala'achi, Israel, by rabbi Yosef Raoi. He personally traveled all over the country and collected religious books as well as Sefer Torah from many religious places. After tremendous efforts he also obtained a place to set and establish place. The place was renovated for this purpose. "The Gate of Life" is used as all religious activity prayer, religious studies for men and women, tehilim for young children, preparing young boys and girls for their bathmizva and barmizva and Lot more.
(Added: 19-Dec-2002 Hits: 115 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- One Family Fund
- Many organizations collect money for victims of terror. OneFamily is different. We collect not only money, but all human resources - bringing together people who have suffered through terror attacks, along with caring people who thankfully haven't. We connect people in Israel with people in almost every country around the world. Together we volunteer time and money in order to help families of terror victims in every way. OneFamily works directly with the families, every day of the year.
(Added: 25-Feb-2006 Hits: 69 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Peace Now
- Peace Now is the largest extra-parliamentary movement in Israel, the country’s oldest peace movement and the only peace group to have a broad public base. The basic principles of the movement from the outset were the right of Israel to live within secure borders and the right of our neighbors to the same, including the right of the Palestinians to self-determination.
(Added: 1-Feb-2006 Hits: 56 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It