- Jewish Celiacs Newsletter
- Jewish Celiacs Newsletter was founded in 1999 by Sid Karp to help other Celiacs cope with the problems of this hereditary disease, which affects the small intestine and can be fatal. Gluten intolerance is at the root of this disease, which manifests itself through the over-consumption of wheat, rye, barley and possibly oats. Though it affects more Irish and Italians than Jews, it can and has affected us and our offspring too for centuries through intermarriage, or worse, rape. The web site has information for Jews and others with Celiac Disease about its history as well as its cure. There's also links to other sites to find gluten-free Kosher food and to reach research centers and medical persons with highly professional advice.
(Added: 25-Jan-2005 Hits: 200 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Jewish Circumcision Resource Center
- Like the American cultural practice of circumcision, Jewish circumcision (bris or brit milah) is dependent on the acceptance of cultural myths. Of all the myths that Jews believe about circumcision, the one that is paramount is the belief that all Jews circumcise. With this belief, we put ourselves under tremendous pressure to conform.
(Added: 22-Jan-2006 Hits: 93 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Family Service of Tidewater
- Jewish Family Service (JFS) provides a full spectrum of services to meet the health, education and welfare needs of Hampton Roads residents. Established in 1946, JFS has had a long-standing tradition of caring and concern for the community it serves. Services are provided by highly trained staff and caring volunteers, supported by an active Board of Directors and liaisons with professionals in the community. JFS truly embraces the community it serves, providing innovative solutions for multi-generational needs.
(Added: 16-Jan-2006 Hits: 39 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Family Services
- JFS is a forward-thinking health and social service agency dedicated to helping people achieve their full potential, regardless of age, race, religion or circumstances. Serving the greater Richmond community since 1849, JFS continues to excel in innovative programming and professional service delivery.
(Added: 16-Jan-2006 Hits: 73 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Home & Hospital Lifecare System
A premier non-profit skilled nursing home and geriatric health care / rehabilitation facility employing skilled nurses, physicians and other professionals to provide excellent long term care, adult day care, home health care, health services and social / community services in the New York area. The nursing home provides health services for more than 5,200 senior citizens daily through traditional medical health care, long term care, subacute care, rehabilitation services, community service and senior housing programs. These health services are offered on the Home's three campuses in Manhattan, the Bronx, and Westchester at the Sarah Neuman Center for Healthcare and Rehabilitation, as well as through our Lifecare Community Services Division, which provides health care programs and social services throughout the metropolitan area.
(Added: 16-Jan-2006 Hits: 104 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Hospital
- Jewish Hospital, 200 Abraham Flexner Way, Louisville, KY 40202
(Added: 15-Jan-2006 Hits: 53 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Hospital Cincinnati
- The Jewish Hospital was the first Jewish hospital in the United States, established in 1850 as a result of the cholera epidemic. It was also the very first hospital in Southwest Ohio to perform open-heart surgery in a suburban location; this program now has more than 30 years' of experience with more than 250 open-heart procedures performed annually.
(Added: 16-Jan-2006 Hits: 50 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Memorial Hospital and Rehabilitation Center
- The mission of Jewish Memorial Hospital and Rehabilitation Center is to deliver quality rehabilitation and extended acute medical care in a manner both respectful and reflective of the diverse communities that we serve. Through high professional standards of rehabilitation and medicine, multidisciplinary teams ensure that patient's complex health care needs are addressed. Jewish Memorial Hospital and Rehabilitation Center strives for continuous quality improvement by supporting and developing services and programs sensitive to the diverse needs of patients, families and the community.
(Added: 10-Jan-2006 Hits: 64 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Jewish Seniors Agency of Rhode Island
- At the Jewish Seniors Agency, our mission is to ensure access to a full continuum of care for Jewish seniors in the greater Rhode Island community. Through the direct provision of services and in collaboration with other organizations, we are committed to promoting and preserving the dignity of all seniors.
(Added: 11-Jan-2006 Hits: 41 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Judaism and Medicine
- A listing of many Jewish medical resources on the Internet, spanning the spectrum of Medical Ethics and Halacha; Jewish Genetic Diseases, Networks, Rehabilitation, and Treatment; Hospitals, Medical Schools, Research Facilities;
(Added: 26-Apr-2002 Hits: 439 Rating: 8.50 Votes: 2) Rate It
- What we eat and what we drink are important to both our health and our soul. Our Company is a state-of-the-art manufacturer of water purification equipment. We hope that we can make your life and the life of your family free from the worries of bad quality drinking water and free from the fear that what we drink might be violating our beliefs.
(Added: 21-Jan-2006 Hits: 47 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Maayanei HaYeshua Medical Center
- Israel's top community hospital dedicated to preserving the sanctity of life while holding healthcare to a higher standard. Maternity, Pediatrics, Internal medicine are just a few of the fields we specialize in.
(Added: 9-Nov-2006 Hits: 66 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Miami Jewish Home & Hospital for the Aged
- Welcome to the Miami Jewish Home & Hospital for the Aged, the largest, most comprehensive not-for-profit, non-sectarian, geriatric healthcare center in the Southeast U.S. MJHHA offers a full menu of residential and community-based services, including skilled nursing care, Alzheimer's care, assisted & independent senior living, rehabilitation, adult day care, home care, hospice, mental health services and case management.
(Added: 16-Jan-2006 Hits: 55 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- National Jewish Medical and Research Center
- National Jewish Medical and Research Center is known worldwide for treatment of patients with respiratory, immune and allergic disorders, and for groundbreaking medical research. Founded in 1899 as a nonsectarian, nonprofit hospital for tuberculosis (TB) patients, National Jewish remains the only facility in the world dedicated exclusively to these disorders. For 8 consecutive years, U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Hospitals" ranked National Jewish #1 in the nation for excellence in treating respiratory diseases, and first in reputation among pulmonary specialists. We are also rated among the top 10 independent biomedical research centers. American Health magazine termed National Jewish one of the finest U.S. hospitals in allergy, immunology and pulmonology for both adult and pediatric patients.
(Added: 10-Jan-2006 Hits: 80 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
- Serving Long Island, Queens and Staten Island, the North Shore-LIJ Health System, headquartered in Great Neck, N.Y., strives to provide an unparalleled spectrum of services in the region.
The system is comprised of 15 hospitals (including three world-class tertiary hospitals as well as a nationally recognized children's hospital and a psychiatric facility), hospice and home care services, a major medical research institute and many other health-related facilities.
(Added: 11-May-2006 Hits: 61 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
- Serving Long Island, Queens and Staten Island, the North Shore-LIJ Health System, headquartered in Great Neck, N.Y., strives to provide an unparalleled spectrum of services in the region. The system is comprised of 15 hospitals (including three world-class tertiary hospitals as well as a nationally recognized children's hospital and a psychiatric facility), hospice and home care services, a major medical research institute and many other health-related facilities. As the largest employer on Long Island and one of the largest healthcare systems in the United States, the North Shore-LIJ Health System is "Setting New Standards in Healthcare" every day.
(Added: 16-Jan-2006 Hits: 61 Rating: 3.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Rofeh International - The Bostoner Rebbe helps the sick
- Rofeh Organization assists the sick and their family during their time of crisis through physician referals and support. Families visiting Boston are provided with shelter during their stay.
(Added: 15-Sep-2002 Hits: 230 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 5) Rate It