- A Tradition of Kindness
- My wife, Shoshana, was murdered by a suicide bomber. She was one of over 100 victims that were killed or injured on August 9, 2001 at the Sbarro restaurant in Jerusalem. In response to this tragedy, I formed "A Tradition of Kindness." Join our Jewish activists in Brazil, Germany, Mexico, Italy, Korea, England, Israel, Australia, South Africa, the United States, and other countries. Help us to show people of all religions that Jewish kindness is demonstrated daily in every country, every city, and every town. This kindness forms the basis of the Jewish religion. Indeed, Jewish kindness is in the heart of every Jew.
* Free Job Postings.
(Added: 26-Sep-2002 Hits: 357 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Adva center
- The Adva Center conducts policy analysis, advocacy work, and public outreach to inform policy makers and the general public in Israel and abroad about equity and social justice issues in Israeli society. Adva analyzes equality and inequality in Israel in a way that integrates gender, ethnicity and nationality.
(Added: 15-Jan-2002 Hits: 240 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee
- Since 1914, the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, Inc. (JDC) has served as the overseas arm of the American Jewish community. Our mission is to serve the needs of Jews throughout the world, particularly where their lives as Jews are threatened or made more difficult. We sponsor programs of relief, rescue and renewal and help Israel address its most urgent social challenges. We are committed to the idea that all Jews are responsible for one another.
(Added: 14-Feb-2006 Hits: 120 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- American Jewish World Service
- American Jewish World Service is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing nonsectarian humanitarian support, technical assitance, skilled volunteers and emergency relief to people in need around the world.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 385 Rating: 3.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Career Moves
- Career Moves is a division of Jewish Vocational Service offering career counseling and job placement assistance to job-seeking professionals. Our Web site allows people to list jobs, post resumes, and search through job listings and candidates at no fee.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 791 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- ChesedNet : Chesed Organizations
- ChesedNet, a non for profit organization was established to provide resources and information for organizations and
individuals. Our members section contains information on 84 chesed organizations. Our Links section provides health and
medical information, and valuable social service information. Check our events calendar and articles section for the latest news. Visit about ChesedNet to learn more about the services we provide. If you still need assistance, email ChesedNet and we will try to assist you with your specific informational needs.
(Added: 23-May-2001 Hits: 594 Rating: 9.50 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Council For Jews With Special Needs
- The Council For Jews With Special Needs enriches the
lives of individuals who have disabilities by facilitating
their participation in the Jewish community.
(Added: 17-Jan-2006 Hits: 189 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Daughters of Israel
- Our Mission: To provide a continuum of health related and social services to the Jewish elderly and disabled regardless of their ability to pay.
(Added: 11-Jan-2006 Hits: 130 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Ditzah-The Accessible Jewish Community
- ditzah is a clearinghouse website that lists all the resources in the Jewish Community for people that need special accommodations, i.e. disabled, elderly and children., same as above
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 364 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- EFRAT- C.R.I.B.
- The Efrat organization saves the lives of over 1,500 Jewish children every year by providing support to pregnant women in distress in Israel. There are close to 50,000 abortions in Israel every year almost half of them are due to economic concerns. Efrat is in its 29th year and has saved 18,000 Jewish children by providing social and financial support to women and couples who faced a pregnancy during a temporarily difficult financial period of their lives. For more information go to www.friendsofefrat.org
(Added: 16-Sep-2005 Hits: 125 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Eishes Chayil
- Among our many features you will find:. Ask the Rabbi. Halachic Questions and Answers. Breastfeeding Site. Discussions. Recipes. This Month Calendar. Halacha A Day. Parsha. Hashgafa. Down Syndrome Amongst Us. Eishes Chayil Pictorial Series. Women in Jewish History. A T.I.M.E.. Opinion Section and much much more.
(Added: 25-Jan-2006 Hits: 105 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Eshet Chayil Foundation
- When the need arises in an institution, in a community or to the Jewish Nation as a whole. Whether it is to feed the poor, help the homebound, promote Jewish Unity, or keep Israel strong. Wherever it may be-Israel or the USA, the Ukraine or Ethiopia, or in your community.
(Added: 25-Jan-2006 Hits: 111 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Etta Israel Center
- EIC) is a non-profit, community-based organization committed to raising awareness and sensibility towards people with special needs. The Center creates programs and services that help Jewish children, young adults, and families achieve inclusion and integration in the community. In 1998, the Etta Israel Center broadened its mission to include outreach to the community at large.
(Added: 10-May-2006 Hits: 84 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Ezrat Avot Senior Citizen Center / Community Center
- Ezrat Avot offers social, cultural, educational and nutritional services to assist and empower Jerusalem's elderly poor and their families within a supportive community. It's new intergenerational program "A Living Connection" runs in Jerusalem elementary schools.
(Added: 2-May-2004 Hits: 131 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Find a Therapist
- Find a therapist who has experience working with the Jewish Community.
(Added: 26-Apr-2006 Hits: 147 Rating: 6.50 Votes: 2) Rate It
- FountainView - Premier Retirement Living
- FountainView at College Road, Rockland County's premier retirement community, offers independent and assistive living housing options, providing a carefree lifestyle with services, amenities and activities that enhance retirement living.
(Added: 4-Mar-2001 Hits: 255 Rating: 7.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Friendship Circle
- Friendship Circle of Livingston New Jersey provides a wide array services and support for Jewish children and teens with special needs and their families through the help of specially trained teen volunteers and professional therapists.
(Added: 18-Jan-2007 Hits: 109 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Hebrew Academy for Special Children
- The HASC (Hebrew Academy For Special Children) Programs were established in 1964 to provide educational and clinical services to individuals from infancy through adulthood, who exhibit developmental delays. HASC is a non-profit, non-sectarian agency, which provides a wide range of supportive services to children with special needs.
(Added: 10-May-2006 Hits: 95 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- HebrewVisions.org, sponsored by JBI International, is a free service dedicated to making Hebrew texts accessible to Braille users. Many texts and books have been preformatted, and can be downloaded in Braille format to be sent to an embosser. There is also a translation program, which allows users to convert Hebrew text to Braille for embossing or reading on a Braille display.
(Added: 1-Jun-2004 Hits: 122 Rating: 9.50 Votes: 2) Rate It